Discover our comprehensive portfolio of end-to-end solutions.
January 02, 2023
SAP S/4HANA Pricing
Welcome to the most comprehensive SAP S/4HANA pricing and licensing guide on the internet.
I will show you everything you need to know to secure an amazing SAP S/4HANA license contract that could save you tens of thousands of dollars.
In short: if you want a single resource to help answer all your SAP S/4HANA pricing-related questions, this should be the one to bookmark for future reference.
It features testimonials, package and user options, and SAP S/4HANA pricing for different user options.
It also discusses the benefits of licensing and implementing SAP S/4HANA software through SEIDOR.
Now is a fantastic time to license SAP with SEIDOR.
SAP S/4HANA is a real-time enterprise resource planning (ERP) system built on the SAP HANA in-memory platform. It is designed for large corporations and helps them manage their finances, operations, and customer relations. This software enables large companies to run their business with access to real-time data. It connects people, information, and insights across the business network, even when multiple offices and manufacturing plants are in different locations. Some of the world’s top companies use this software, including Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM, and Microsoft.
SAP calls S/4HANA “future-ready” because machine learning, artificial intelligence (AI), and analytics are built into this ERP. SAP S/4HANA is built on the SAP HANA in-memory platform, which provides the speed and agility needed to support real-time business processes. With SAP S/4HANA, decisions are based on up-to-the-minute data, allowing quick response to market changes and new opportunities.
SAP S/4HANA has features and capabilities that can drive innovation and growth. The latest release included a redesigned user interface, new analytics and reporting tools, and new mobile and social collaboration features.
SAP S/4 HANA is a good choice for global enterprises because it offers a simplified, user-friendly interface, advanced analytics and reporting, improved business process performance, increased flexibility and scalability, and integration with new and existing technologies.
Benefits of using SAP S/4HANA:
- Improved financial visibility: SAP S/4HANA provides real-time financial reporting. This can help businesses make better decisions about where to invest their resources and pivot as needed when market conditions change.
- Improved operational efficiency: Automated workflows and business process management streamline operations
- Improved customer relations: SAP S/4HANA can help companies keep track of customer service requests and promptly address them. The software also tracks customer satisfaction levels and customer interactions.
SAP S/4HANA modules include:
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Management Accounting (CO)
- Asset Accounting (AA)
- Treasury and Risk Management (TRM)
- Controlling (CO)
- Project System (PS)
- Plant Maintenance (PM)
- Quality Management (QM)
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Warehouse Management (WM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- Plant Maintenance (PM)
- Quality Management (QM)
- Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Payroll (PY)
- Travel Management (TV)
- Event Management (EV)
- Production Planning (PP)
What Are Customers Saying About SAP S/4HANA?
"SAP S/4HANA is one of the best enterprise resource planning systems I have worked with because its operation is very potent. It carries out tasks with high precision and high performance. Its flexibility has delighted us because this allows the system to adapt easily to all our user needs. It is an efficient and very updated system. I describe SAP S/4HANA as the best among all its competitors." Read more
“Excellent performance to rapid execution of most tasks has been made possible by SAP S/4HANA for its speed. The seamless integration of our purchaser order, account payables, and account receivables into one solution is incredible, and real-time data to accurately solve customers' problems quickly." Read more
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Editions
SAP S/4HANA Cloud is a complete enterprise resource planning (ERP) system with built-in intelligent technologies, including AI, machine learning, and advanced analytics.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud is offered in two versions: private and public editions.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition. In this version, services are maintained by SAP on a private network protected by a firewall. This is a single-tenant environment, offering the most security.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Public edition / Essential edition) With this option, services are maintained by networks like AWS, Azure, and GCP that are open for public usage. SAP manages the software which is provided to you by subscription.
A Subscription or Consumption License is needed for these options. A Subscription License has a defined license term (usually 3 to 5 years), and an annual subscription fee is paid.
A Consumption License also has a defined license term, but there is no annual commitment, and payment is based on actual usage.
SAP S/4HANA On-Premise
SAP S/4 HANA On-Premise will run on your organization’s servers and be managed by your in-house IT team. A Perpetual License is required for this version. It involves a one-time license fee and a recurring support fee.
What are SAP S/4HANA Licensing Options?
There are four S/4HANA licensing options for employees that are defined by the type of usage:
- Productivity use: This allows users to access and use all of the productivity features in SAP S/4HANA. This includes the SAP Fiori user interface, the SAP CoPilot digital assistant, and the SAP Leonardo machine learning capabilities.
- Functional use: Allows users to use all of the functionalities of the software. It lets you create and modify business processes, data, and reports.
- Professional user: With this license, you can perform professional tasks such as configuration, development, and testing. You have access to all available functions and data.
- Developer access: This license allows your IT team to develop, test, or add content to the system.
What Is the Price for SAP S/4HANA?
The price for licensing and implementing SAP S/4HANA will vary depending upon the scope of your engagement. Generally speaking, S4/HANA will be cost-prohibitive for the typical SMB-sized company.
SAP S/4HANA is a complex enterprise software system, and its price reflects that complexity. The price also reflects that SAP S/4HANA is a market leader in enterprise software systems.
You will need to hire a certified SAP consultant team like SEIDOR to implement and customize the application based on your business requirements. The actual software cost depends on several factors, including the size and complexity of the organization, licensing type, modules, and the specific SAP S/4HANA edition chosen.
While SAP does not list any prices for S/4HANA ERP, they define price structures. This may help organizations determine the cost. SAP S/4HANA pricing is determined according to total user equivalent (FUE). A complete user equivalent is defined as one user interacting with the system for at least 50% of their working time. SAP requires a minimum of 35 FUE per deployment.
SAP does allow companies to try out SAP S/4HANA for free during a 14-day trial period. This can help prospective users decide which features and software modules are needed.
SEIDOR can help you determine your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), which includes: customization, data migration, training, hardware, maintenance, upgrades, and more.
Making the Leap to SAP S/4HANA
We understand there are many options to consider when considering a new ERP software for your business. And at first glance, it may seem overwhelming if this is your first time purchasing SAP S/4HANA. No need to worry, SEIDOR is the leading US SAP S/4HANA partner, and we've helped hundreds of clients like you. Let us help you determine the best deployment and licensing approach for your ERP needs.